Hot tubs have long been synonymous with wealth, affluence, and luxury, but it’s important to note that these incredible appliances are now more accessible and affordable than ever before, which is why we’ve decided to underscore the salient facts, figures, and statistics you have to be aware of.
Surprising Things about Hot Tubs That You May Not Have Known
Over the past few decades, hot tubs have become increasingly advanced and innovative, but let’s take a closer look at some of the lesser-known details and characteristics concerning whirlpools and residential spas:
- Contrary to popular belief, hot tubs actually have a long and storied history. The earliest iterations of heated baths came about during the 4th century BCE in Greece, and they were comprised of warm stones and marble washbasins.
- Hundreds of years later, sometime around 730 AD, Japanese architects began augmenting thousands of natural hot springs around the country to create unique bathing areas for nobles.
- It wasn’t until the 1960s and 1970s that we started to see contemporary fibreglass shell hot tubs with built-in pumps, pressure systems, filtration mechanisms, and other modernised inclusions.
- According to recent reports published by the World Health Organisation, new-age hot tubs are able to provide one of the most effectual forms of anti-gravity therapy for individuals struggling with poor blood flow, joint pain, arthritis, and other musculoskeletal disorders. The key lies in the distinctive amalgamation of weightlessness, heated water, and gentle jet pressure.
- Hot tubs have also been proven to reduce the symptoms and complications associated with Type 2 Diabetes. During an extensive study facilitated by the New England Journal of Medicine, diabetes patients were able to decrease their reliance on insulin doses and lose a considerable amount of body fat in several thirty-minute sessions spread across two weeks.
As such, you shouldn’t be surprised to find out that the UK is ranked in the top 10 of the most valuable hot tub markets in the world, and that domestic hot tub sales are expected to grow by roughly 12% over the next few years.
How Do I Prepare for a Hot Tub Purchase?
Due to the fact that there is a seemingly infinite number of models and brands in today’s marketplace, it’s in your best interests to partner with an accredited, time-honoured retailer that can help you with the entire buying process.
Simply by visiting the website of a trusted merchant, you’ll have a chance to learn about the best-rated whirlpools, hot tub chemicals, and other integral aspects before settling on a particular variant for your home or business.
Whether you happen to be interested in an intricate dual-control hot tub or a custom-fabricated model to account for your specific penchants and desires, you’ll be able to rely on a knowledgeable, dexterous liaison to help you pinpoint the most suitable options according to your budget, available space, and stylistic preferences.
In as little as just a few days, your personalised hot tub will be delivered and installed by a professional team of service experts, so be sure to get started on the planning and selection process at your earliest convenience; you’ll be glad you did.